[NTLK] eBay and damn fools--namely me.

From: Bruce E. Durocher II (bedii_at_qwest.net)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 19:08:44 PDT

        Since I currently need more memory on my 2100 than the 4MB
card I got with it, and since I couldn't afford to buy a copy of Paul
Guyot's ATA driver I spent a lot of time scouring eBay and finally
found a good price on a Dutch Auction of alleged SRAM cards. They
arrived today. They're not SRAM--they're ATA. The good news is that
the demo of Mr. Guyot's driver works on them. The bad news is that I
can afford to buy his driver ever *less* than I could have before I
bought these.
        So some good will come of this, can somebody let the folks
managing whatever memory FAQ there is know that Polaroid 10mb cards
work with the ATA driver. Meanwhile, is there anyone who has the
driver that would be interested in buying two 10mb cards? Or anyone
with a 2x00 Newton that's determined to get rid of a card of over 4MB
in size for *very* little money, or a 4MB card and two 10MB ATA cards
in exchange? Or wants to acquire a working Newton 2000 motherboard
or a serial dongle, or a non-Mac serial cable for memory?
        The Newton itself is great--but this memory problem is
starting to make me long for my Palm clone with the 64MB card I had
in it...

--
Bruce E. Durocher II
bedii_at_qwest.net