[NTLK] Followup on fund raising

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 15:50:10 PDT

Hi list,

here's the current state of affairs regarding Phil's second Newton.

The Newton Woody sent arrived some days ago. Today I've put
in the SER001 that PCBMan generously donated and ran the
Newton through my usual thorough test every
Newton has to pass before it is allowed to leave my workbench.
Everything is ok with the machine.

Since the battery is as dead as a doornail, I will include four
new capacity-matched 2100 mAh NiMH cells with soldering lugs
for free that Phil will use to refurbish the pack. I also added
four new eMate styli since I'm afraid 2x00 styli will not be
that easy to come by over where Phil lives.

The stuff will be sent tomorrow morning. I will let you all know
when it has reached its destination.

This nearly concludes one of the many projects that makes this list
so amazing. Thanks to everyone who has participated in it.
I doubt there's any other list out there whose members
are so helpful as the people here.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html