[NTLK] Driver for Proxim C26-1076P OEM (Harmony?)

From: Jim Siburt (jsiburt_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 20:13:32 PDT

With Paul's help I was able to convert his enabler file to allow
Hiroshi's driver to recognize a Proxim 802.11b wireless card. I did not
need to use the Lantern patch as the product string is less than 31
characters. So all that is required at this point is Hiroshi's driver,
and the Proxim enabler. If the card is added to Hiroshi's driver then
the enabler will no longer be needed and will free up precious storage
space.

So the good news is that there is an inexpensive wireless card
available for $14.99 USD from Tiger Direct(maybe others) that should
work with your Newton. I purchased mine from Ebay and I am not certain
if mine was a second, but I had to shave some plastic from one edge so
it would insert into the eMate. my other PC Card adapters fit fine and
the Proxim card fit fine in my Powerbook.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-
Details.asp?EdpNo=579897&sku=C26-1076%20P

Until Hiroshi's driver is updated I am willing to send the re-written
enabler to anyone that needs it. If anyone has a better idea or a more
professional way to handle this please let me know. : )

Jim Siburt
New Media Design
www.logicaldreams.org

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html