Re: [NTLK] SER-001 problems

From: Dave Christensen (dave_at_newrivergroup.com)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 13:59:52 PDT

> Don't get me wrong, the SER is really great, and people like David are
> the
> lifeblood of this group - how amazing that the SER even ever happened!
> It's just
> that this particular combination of h/w & s/w doesn't work.

I'll also second that the SER device and David are wonderful in their
own ways. However I also experienced difficulties with a SER-001 and
both a UMP2k and a MP2.1k trying to connect through a Motorola StarTac.
  I wasnt able to connect to the internet through the startac (why I
wanted it) and use my keyboard through either the SER or NIC ports. My
keyboard worked fine but the phone never got a connect message back to
the newton, it would keep trying to dial and dial and dial. I pulled
it and bought two dongles to keep as spares, everything works fine
without the card installed. David went more then out of his way in
trying to troubleshoot this, and we came up that it just wasnt going to
happen. -Dave

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html