[NTLK] White EL backlights - inventory closeout!

From: Calvin Grier (cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 09:25:48 PDT

 I've got quite a few of the white backlights left. The
touchscreen/backlight kits didn't sell as many as I thought and the EL
backlights were manufactured in a very big lot. I'd like to get rid of them.

I've decided to sell them as individual units about $29 plus shipping - with
no instructions. However, there's plenty of web sites that show how to
disassemble a Newton. CAUTION: this replacement requires the use of a
soldering iron, and won't give the same amount of light as a green
backlight.

 Please reply off-list if want to buy one or two die-cut custom-fit EL
backlight with solder tabs as pictured here:

 By itself:
 http://www.adago.net/images/backlightcloseup.jpg

 Next to an original backlight:
 http://www.adago.net/images/backlight1_big.jpg

 Both links have been added to this page:

 http://www.adago.net/LCD.html

--Calvin
Clearly Newton

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html