Re: [NTLK] just received ethernet driver

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 12:02:37 PDT

on 19/09/03 11:12, suppaman at suppaman_at_softhome.net wrote:

> Alle 16:35, venerd́ 19 settembre 2003, Laurent Daudelin ha scritto:
>> Make sure the Ethernet card slip has the "Use this card for AppleTalk", or
>> soemthing like that. Then, in the Dock on the Newton, make sure you use
>> AppleTalk for connection. Finally, on your Mac (it won't work on a PC),
>> check your AppleTalk control panel (in OS 9 or earlier) and make sure it
>> uses Ethernet. Then, in Newton Connection Utilities, set your prefs to use
>> AppleTalk.
>
> I've got no mac. My brother and my father do but they both run OS X.
>
>> Basically, on both devices, you configure AppleTalk to use Ethernet. Then,
>> you configure the connection programs to use AppleTalk, thus using
>> Ethernet.
>
> Anyway after I've configured both sides to use appletalk that is configured to
> use ethernet how do I exactly put a package on the newt?

Use Apple's Newton Connection Utility. Should be available on UNNA. Again,
if you're using a PC, forget about Ethernet connectivity with NCU, it won't
work, it's not supported. Only on a Macintosh.

-Laurent.

geek n.: A person who has chosen concentration rather than conformity; one
who pursues skill (especially technical skill) and imagination, not
mainstream social acceptance. Geeks usually have a strong case of neophilia.
Most geeks are adept with computers and treat hacker as a term of respect,
but not all are hackers themselves - and some who are in fact hackers
normally call themselves geeks anyway, because they (quite properly) regard
`hacker' as a label that should be bestowed by others rather than
self-assumed.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html