Re: [NTLK] URGENT: DO NOT BUY THIS, an aside.

From: Len Cole (leonard.cole_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 10:51:36 PDT

As far as I know, eBay _does_ consider cancelling an auction with bidders unethical. It's retracting a successful sale, even if the auction was cancelled right at the end.

If a seller doesn't want to part with a piece or merchandise below a certain price, then the seller should put a "price reserve" into place, which opens up the option of declining to sell if the highest bid is below a certain threshold.

On September 23 2003, Paul Vaughan <paulsvaughan_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:

[snip]

>In my opinion, as an eBayer, this is unethical
>conduct. If the price is not as high as the seller
>wishes, then tough. Of course, this 'item' reappeared
>immediately afterwards. This may also explain why
>'knowledgenavigator' is no longer on US eBay.

[snip]

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html