Re: [NTLK] URGENT: DO NOT BUY THIS.

From: Trevor Birch (Trevor.Birch_at_btclick.com)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 01:40:13 PDT

It is an overclock. Is no-one going to suggest that this is a copyright infringement of Pixelsolution? But I also note that "Stephanie" offers this for both the Newton 2*00 and eMate at http://www.felesmagus.com/newton/
Here's the link to Ferdi's latest offering:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3047931690&category=3728

With 19hrs to go, the bidding is at "£56 (reserve not met)", 6 bids and all stating "private auction -- bidders' identities protected", but with the "buy it now" still on at "£275" , which is very strange.

Here's the quote re the speed boost:

"The speed of this Newton has been Enhanced to 220 Mhz. This speed is comparable with all the newer pocket pc's and windows based PDA's that are currently on the market. Applications load much faster, internet backups go blazing fast, the handwriting recognition seems to be even more accurate than it was before not to mention faster. At 220 Mhz the Newton is even more useful than it was before. The boost increases performance by approximately 40%. This upgrade is installed in such a way that it can be turned off or on when you want it. A simple flip of a switch will give you 220 Mhz and a flip back will return the Newton to 160 Mhz."

Here's another:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38331&item=3047930201

No bids - starting at $305 with 19hrs to go.

and this for an Apple Newton Siemens NotePhone, which I've never seen before:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3048360776