Re: [NTLK] AddressSyncPlus 0.3

From: David M. Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 14:45:47 PDT

> I'm anxious for feedback. Especially on the multiple Newton syncing.

Hello,

I have been trying out your stuff. Here is what I have found:

To-Do List Syncing seems to work fine, I haven't tried all the
combinations but it certainly does sync them from the Mac to the
Newton. I also tried the Journal Sync, no joy on grabbing notes from my
Newton and having them end up in MacJournal. I also tried writing them
in MacJournal and having them sync to the Newton, no luck there either.
I am using Notes and HyperNewt on the Newton.

Calendar Syncing works sorta. Events from iCal do not show up at the
right time, example:

I have a meeting at 2:30pm until 10:30pm in iCal. It is not a repeating
event.

When this event is synced to the Newton it shows up as a 1 hour meeting
from 10pm to 11pm in Dates, if I select the event itself, it tells me
that it is actually scheduled from 10pm to 6:30am and is set to repeat
for a couple months. Not sure if this is something on my end as I
haven't tried to isolate it yet. As I get to testing it more I can let
you know. Drop me an email about any of this if you have questions.

I set up some repeating meetings on my Newton [using Dates], they sync
to iCal fine with the following exceptions:

Repeating meetings don't repeat.
Invites are not copied.
Alarms are not copied.

These are exciting plug-ins to me, I would love to see more and see
these develop further.

David

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html