[NTLK] URGENT: DO NOT BUY THIS.

From: Ronsilvar (Ronsilvar_at_husky-net.net)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 15:16:31 PDT

> From: "Trevor Birch" <Trevor.Birch_at_btclick.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] URGENT: DO NOT BUY THIS.
> Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:40:13 +0100

> Here's another:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38331&item=3047930201
>
> No bids - starting at $305 with 19hrs to go.
>
> and this for an Apple Newton Siemens NotePhone, which I've never seen before:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3048360776

I find it quite ironic the topic of this thread is about copyrights. Yet, in
the above link to knowledgenavigator's auction of a NotePhone, you find
across the entire jpg is stamped in bold red: "Property of
Knowledgenavigator".

I find this very telling. Apparently, ferdi is willing to protect what is
HIS. Even, something as trivial as a jpg. But, he seems too willing to usurp
another man's work. Worse, he's willing to risk wrath of the Newton
community over a few bucks (as if he cares).

His attitude toward a buck and the total disregard for the community reminds
me of what I've seen in my travels. I have always wondered: Why is it, you
can pick out the white trash in a neighborhood filled with people who care
about there homes and their yards.

They are always the odd man out. No matter how much money they have or don't
have, you see garbage strewn everywhere, piled waist high with car parts,
carcasses of rusting cars with weeds and grass overflowing the entire
property. It's like telling the entire neighborhood: "F*ckoff and leave me
alone". The house is always in need of dire repair. Yet, I see these poor
ignorant stubborn bastards always with fairly new cars, big color Tv's and
here's the kicker: NO TRESPASSING signs all over their property! Why in hell
would I want to trespass into that mass of crap?

Why in heck would anyone care about someone stealing auction photos? Yet,
one can take another man's work. Can life really be that desperate? I don't
understand the continuing need to bring onto oneself these problems. I can't
believe it's about profiting for money, as I need it too, as I am sure so
many others in these poor economic times need it. I guess, I am a different
breed. I prefer to take a path to a philosophy of life, where integrity,
honesty and independence are my virtues and where my "profit" is
self-respect.

Ron Silva

ps I don't mean to step on anyone's toes but don't give me the PC crap,
white trash is trash, no matter what color it is..end of story.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html