Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V3 #511

From: Ronsilvar (Ronsilvar_at_husky-net.net)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 10:37:25 PDT

on 9/26/03 12:03 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net at newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

> Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:49:45 -0700
> Subject: [NTLK] For sale: MP2100s, accessories, software
> From: Mick Ring <lists_at_rynosoft.com>
>
> As I mentioned before, I volunteer my time for an organization called
> MacRenewal that takes old, donated equipment and puts it in the hands of
> needy individuals and organizations. MacRenewal has recently had some
> MP2100s and accessories donated. Most have been put into kits for users, but
> we still have three Newtons and a bunch of accessories that are up for sale
> to help pay the bills for MacRenewal. Here is a complete list of items and
> prices:
>
> - 3 Newton MessagePad 2100s including original stylus. NO battery or battery
> tray. $150 each.
>
> - 1 Newton keyboard, $40
>
> - 1 Windows serial cable, NO dongle, $15
>
> - 1 A/C adaptor, new in bag, $25
>
> - 3 copies of Super Notepad on floppy (PC & Mac), $10
>
> - 3 copies of DateMan software in box including manuals, $15
>
> - 4 copies of Backdrop Plus in box including manuals, $10
>

> If you are interested in buying any of these items, please contact
> lorraine_at_macrenewal.org. Do not email me unless you want more information
> about the items in which you are interested.
>

> -Mick
> --
> Sigs with a message suck!
> ------------------------------

Hey Mick,
Not to be schmuck, I never did receive an answer to my private inquiry to
you asking where these other Newton are going to. So, I'll air it to the
general forum. If these are going to "needy individuals and organizations" I
think, and I could be wrong here, These Newtons are the wrong thing for a
"needy person or organization".
To me, the priority for any needy person or organization would be: (1) money
and/or (2) a desktop computer. They don't need a luxury "frill" like a
Newton 2100 plus the host of peripherals that is needed to maximize it's use
can get expensive. Especially, for any cash strapped person/organization. I
know cause Im still trying to justify buying a Newton but just can't at this
time. Would they consider trading for a newly refurbished (by Apple), PB
5300cs? :-)

Ron Silva

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html