Re: [NTLK] Combining eMates, Frankenstein's monster?

From: Humphreys, David (URB) (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 06:05:15 PDT

> In the eMate there are two memory slots under the battery door. Is
> there any benefit to taking the right one from a broken eMate and
> installing it into the left slot of a functional eMate? Has
> anyone done
> this before? If so what are the gains?
>

> Regards
> Jim Siburt

Sorry Jim,

The memory slots are completely different.
The right one is the ROM board.
The left one is the memory expansion board.

DON'T SWAP THEM.

They will physically fit in either slot but will only work in their respective slot.

Besides, if you fill the memory slot, you will have nowhere to fit my new memory expansion board. ;-) (shameless plug)

Available soon...

PCBman

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html