[NTLK] eMate Power redux?

From: Dan Fackler (eulenspgl_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 07:27:20 PST

I'm new to The List, and an MP 2100 owner. I've
recently acquired a pair of eMates-- one working, one
not. The 'dead' unit has a scorched Zener diode on the
main board. I've read all the earlier posts concerning
this and so took both these guys apart to compare
circuit traces, etc.

It appears that the proper installation for a Zener is
to be wired 'backwards', as protection against
reversed polarity and over voltage from the AC
adapter. With that in mind, I have replacement Zeners,
but still no joyful Newton chime. Any insights are
coveted...

Dan Fackler