Re: [NTLK] card blanks

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 20:06:34 PST

On Apr 2, 2004, at 6:24 PM, Peter Cameron wrote:

> Martin Joseph wrote:
>> Blanks? We don't need no stinkin blanks, we got memory, and modems,
>> and ethernet and WIFI and Bluetooth!
> Blanks don't pull power like those things though. And a blank
> helps
> keep dirt out when the slot isn't in use.
True, of course they provide no useful function either...

I have run my newts with the modem installed since my 120, and have
never seen any diminished battery capacity while the modem is not in
use.

My memory card is also required at this point on the 2100. I think the
"power drain" theory is specious.

Marty