Re: [NTLK] Anti-Static bags

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Apr 03 2004 - 22:39:29 PST

Honestly? I really don't think it's a problem...from a
practical standpoint, that is. I've boosted two of my
Newts. One with a switch (see my site:
http://newton.tek-ed.com/newtspeed for details) and
one without a switch. As long as you make the leads as
short as possible (I used wirewrap wire for my leads)
then you shouldn't see a problem...at least, I
haven't...YMMV of course...but I don't think that it
is worth really worrying about...if I were you, I'ld
think about where you're going to get the crystal and
the switch from...plus, how to position the crystal to
avoid the various protrusions on the inside of the
case! This was my biggest issue! No need to make it
more complicated than it is.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- optix <doozer_at_beau.org> wrote:
> I have read some of the archives dealing with the RF
> from using a switched
> overclock, and I noticed using an anti-static bag
> for sheilding was not
> mentioned. I am going to do the switched
> clock-chipping, and I want
> everyone's thought's on using the bag for sheilding.
>
> --
> My other computer is a Newton MP2k
> http://evicted.org/~optix/

=====
"China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."
 - Charles De Gaulle, former French President