Re: [NTLK] [OT]newtontalk Digest V4 #203

From: Bruce E. Durocher II (bedii_at_qwest.net)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 07:40:51 PDT

        Out of pure morbid curiosity, was that before or after Kubrick cut out
fifteen minutes of the film? I know that it happened a day or two into
the New York run of the film, but I can't remember if the Washington DC
showing was before or after that. (Since 2001 was handled as a
"Roadshow" release, there were few enough prints in circulation that it
was possible for MGM to re-edit the masters and pull the prints in
circulation without any financial damage.) According to those few
people who saw the film before the cuts and have written about it, his
cuts were mainly of spacecraft and didn't involve any major plot
points.

On Apr 6, 2004, at 6:34 PM, Ed Kummel wrote:

> Here is a telling tidbit pertaining to my age:
> I attended the 2001 premier showing in Washington DC
> in (was it...) 1968...

<snip>

> web/gadget guru
> http://newton.tek-ed.com (download Newton packages)