[NTLK] Newton as a Cellphone.

From: Joe Kelly (kellyjo5_at_msu.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 22:38:21 PDT

I read some speculation somewhere that the MessagePad was set to become
a phone, as the speaker and the microphone were placed on a diagonal.
I was looking at my Cell phone today, and it is really tiny. Consider
that the battery, case, display, speaker and mic, and even some of the
extraneous parts of the cellphone (games and address books, and
settings can all be handled through Software).

I'd guess that the "phone" part needed could be about the size of a
PCMCIA card. So, has anyone made a phone out of the Newton yet?

Curious,
Joe Kelly