Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V4 #211

From: Jeffrey Stephens (jmaxman_at_charter.net)
Date: Sat Apr 10 2004 - 10:17:26 PDT

On Apr 10, 2004, at 12:01 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 10:58:47 -0400
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] New here and Newbie too
> From: Mike Burrell <mburrell_at_stny.rr.com>
>

>> I bought a Newton about two years ago and used it mainly for church -
>> reading the Bible
>
> That's great! Wish there were more like you! Which version of the Newt
> did
> you get, by the way?

It's a 2K. I would like to update it, but simply don't have the funds
currently. Plus
my wife thinks it is silly to spend money on this thing. ( Women...
;-) ) No, I
really do understand her position considering all the other things we
need to
spend money on.

>> But it has been
>> such a hassle hooking it to an old, old Mac that I have just to
>> transfer files to and from. It doesn't have a CD drive so I have to
>> move them from my primary Mac to my Color Classic via Zip disks. Then
>> move them to the Newton from there.
>
> Let me get this straight... you get the files off cd on your B&W then
> transfer the files to the Color Classic using a zip and you connect to
> the
> color classic with the newton using a serial cable?

Yes, this is what I am doing currently. It is a royal pain and
therefore I don't do it
often.

Jeff S