Re: [NTLK] eMate 300 thread

From: Mike Burrell (mburrell_at_stny.rr.com)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 19:12:39 PDT

on 4/12/04 12:32 AM, Woody Smith at woody_at_bitstream.net wrote:

> Navigating the eMate from the keyboard is almost possible, but I know
> of no way to get past the stylus alignment screen without stylus input.

When I first hit the power button I get the stylus alignment screen. When I
hit power again I get a user window of the previous owner. If I either close
the window or hit enter it goes into the notes window.

> Open extras with extras key. Expand extras folder with
> command+shift+t, use arrows to navigate and CR to select.

I can't seem to navigate the icons using the arrow keys and what is the CR
key?

Hold down
> command key for a few seconds to see special key combinations, this may
> get a different set depending on what application is open.

This is good to know. Seems like there would be a whole lot of key commands
on this thing though.

> It is likely that you lost stylus input because the lid tensioning
> spring released and severed one or more traces in the display ribbon
> cable.

The way it moves now is it seems easy to close (but not overly easy) and
stiff opening but it makes no creaking noises or anything.

Got another question here... I bought another emate and it came with an
apple desktop bus mouse. Will these mice work with an emate?