Re: [NTLK] eMate 300 thread

From: Tyler Smith (spam_at_fenestrated.net)
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 08:20:22 PDT

>There's a pen from the same manufacturer, however, that's
>> specially engineered for flexible applications, and I think that
>> would be a lot more durable-but I haven't tried it out to be sure yet.
>>
>> -Tyler Smith
>
>If you could pass along information on the manufacturer I could try it
>myself. That would alleviate the cost of shipping the emate both ways.
>Thanks,
>Mike

Oh, sure. The pen I'm looking at using is manufactured by ChemTronics
(you can order it from DigiKey) and is clearly marked for flexible
PCB repair.

Forgive me for assuming you diddn't want to do the work yourself. :-)

The fix with a pen follows the "fix by soldering" directions except
that the soldering is amazingly scary-tiny. If your fix with the pen
doesn't work, just scrape the offending part off with a scalpel (#10
blade works really well :-) ) and revise-it's great.

If it works... can I borrow the pen? :-)

Good regards,

Tyler Smith