[NTLK] I just got my JK#PDA014!

From: NewtonMP - Paul Curtis (paul.curtis_at_newtonmp.com)
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 09:49:13 PDT

I wanted to share this experience in light of the recent offers for the
MP2100's in bulk and the New-in-Box MP2100's on e-Bay.

One of my buying spree purchases last week was a MP2100 from J&K.

I called them first to inquire about the screen and case descriptions of the
various offerings. The JK#PDA014 is their top rated model in terms of screen
and case quality and comes with the original stylus, the re-chargeable
battery, the door and its clips, 1 PCMCIA card dummy, the 9-watt power
supply and a 4 meg PC-Card. I asked them directly about the condition of the
unit and they told me that the screen would be perfect as well as the body,
but that they must place the disclaimer description on the web to protect
themselves. He mentioned that they hand pick this J&K model number from
originally 2,000 units. So I plunked down my $165 (I opted out of the 4-meg
card package).

I got it yesterday, and I think that this is a brand new Newton! There is
not a scratch, a mark, a fingerprint or a blemish - nothing anywhere on this
Message Pad. Even the hinge on the door is stiff. I can't believe how
pristine this MP 2100 is! If it's not new, I wouldn't believe it.

If this is the status quo for the JK#PDA014 product, then $165 or $174.99 on
sale is a bargain. As a skeptic I would call them, just like I did to verify
the quality factor, but this seems like a great deal.

Regards,

Paul Curtis
MP 120 v1.3/MP 120 v2.0/MP 130/MP 2100/MP 2100/MP 2100
www.NewtonMP.com (coming soon)
Go Green! Go White! Michigan State Spartans