[NTLK] [OT] Virus attacks on NTLK/Newton-related mailaccounts? Update yer virus scanner!

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 01:18:55 PDT

### We're interrupting our transmission for this boring public service
announcement ###

Dear all,

I have been under some viral attention today from this sender
MAILER-DAEMON_at_space.net24.ne.jp .
   As my mailadress has only been publicized through Newton Talk and
directly mailing Newton-appreciators, I think it would be acceptable to
point out that it's good policy to keep y'all's virus scanners updated.
Actually, I do that every two weeks, plus additionally after the scanner
found something (and then I scan the whole system with the updated sigs
again). My scanner is always running, monitoring every file that's opened,
every mail and attachement that comes in. Yes, it's an additional load on
my vintage 180 MHz machine here, but well worth it.

If you haven't updated your virus scanner within the last two weeks, do it
know. Save yourself and others much trouble and pain. Running virus
scanners is cyber- and eco-environmentally sound practice, it's ethically
encouraged, and it aids the war against [enter worthy cause of choice].

Yours in Newton

DJ Vollkasko.

### And now back to our regular programme ###