Re: [NTLK] Direction

From: Rod (lavo_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 00:08:43 PDT

On 17/4/04 2:58 PM, "Martin Joseph" <martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com> wrote:

> On Apr 16, 2004, at 10:48 PM, Doug Augustyn wrote:
>
>> 70Euro _is_ a lot of money, <snip>
>
> It's 50 Euros for a single newton, actually. Or 75 Euros for every
> Newton you own, so this is a screaming deal if you have like 20 Newtons
> :~)
>
> The exchange rate is the really annoying part of this though...
>

> Marty

Its not so bad if you live in the US or UK, but in Australia that 50 Euros
is nearly $100AUS. A lot of money here. But I guess it comes down to
opportunity cost. A 32meg Linear PCMCIA card is $90 US (about $130AUS), and
CF cards are a lot cheaper and much more abundant. If you *need* the size,
then the price is worth every Euro. If you are only storing, lets say 10meg
max, then shop around for linear cards.

At least with the ATA driver you can use new CF cards, rather than 7 year
plus linear cards (which most of us use). How important is your data?

Seeya

Rod!