[NTLK] N/C/S America's Card Loaner - Update

From: NewtonMP - Paul Curtis (paul.curtis_at_newtonmp.com)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 09:28:59 PDT

Alrighty then,
I have opened a bank account dedicated to a PayPal account for the Loaner
Card Program, but the website is still months away, so for now we'll just
start with a manual process...

I have multiple cards through purchase and donation for I believe every
Newton type device. And as it turns out they are all 4 meg or larger! So
there will be plenty of room for extra packages you may want as well as for
large back-ups!

I am still working on documentation so that won't be ready yet as well as I
am designing a glove system for shipping to hold the
cards/dongles/cables/etc and I will be having those built in the near future
as well. So in the spirit of getting these out to help those in need now -
I'm going to start loaning out the cards while I finish the other details.

Each Loaner Package will contain 2 PC-Cards, usually 4-megs each. One card
will house the packages and the other will be blank for you to use as a
back-up. The refundable deposit will be $40 for a pair of 4-meg cards +
shipping + PayPal fee. My time to prepare the cards and package them for
delivery will be donated. I ask that you plan to have the cards for a
maximum of 7 days, if more time is needed to make sure to contact me to
arrange how much time you will need. All you have to do is send me an e-mail
request the "Disaster Recovery Package" with you complete mailing address
(no PO Box's) and phone number. Then I'll check for the shipping costs,
calculate the PayPal Fee and then send you your total cost. You then simply
go to PayPal and send that amount to Paul.Curtis_at_NewtonMP.com. Once I
receive the payment, I'll ship out your package and then send you the
details of the shipment. Once you are done with the cards, just return ship
to the address in the box with insurance for $50. Once I get the cards back
in working order, I'll refund your deposit within 5 business days. If the
cards are not in good working condition, then I'll notify you and submit a
claim against the shipping insurance and once that has come through; I'll
then refund your deposit within 5 business days. If the cards aren't
returned within 30 days of my original ship date and there has been no
communication from you or if they are not in working order and the insurance
claim was declined, you'll forfeit your deposit.

If you want to order a set of packages that would be a custom set,
everything is the same except that I will add a charge of $3 for my time.
This will essentially pay for the monthly bank fees on this account. In this
program, you can choose any of the UNNA packages and I'll have a wiped MP to
install them to and then do a back-up. I'll also shift the date of my MP 10
days forward to allow for the time spent in shipping. This will assist for
.pkg's that are eval's. This procedure should also give you a clean install.

If you have any other ideas or suggestions, please send them to me. I want
to make this as easy and enjoyable for everyone as possible.

Regards,

Paul Curtis
MP 120 v1.3/MP 120 v2.0/MP 130/MP 2100/MP 2100/MP 2100
www.NewtonMP.com (coming soon)
Go Green! Go White! Michigan State Spartans