Re: [NTLK] [OT] SETI WU

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 10:34:52 PDT

On Apr 20, 2004, at 8:02 AM, Sushi wrote:
<snip>

> The longest that I've had, was a 7200/120. It took around 168-172
> hours
> for one WU.
Wow that's slow. Slower then I would have guessed by far. I wonder if
something else was hogging CPU (OS? OS9?).

> Then I put a Sonnet Tech card in it. G3/500. Dropped to about 18-22
> hours per WU, or a little over 1 per day! :-)
Major upgrade, I have always avoided those 7200 upgrades. I have a
7200 just sitting here actually... Anybody want to pay to ship it?

> I have a PII/333 that is taking around 120 hours per WU.
Sheesh, I did notice that some PC's especially the Celerons are
extremely slow.

> I run all my SETI via the screen saver version.
Me too! Although I am only using the OSX screen saver. The OS9 version
was too screwy for me.

Maybe if there are other Seti people on the list we could start a Team
Newton affiliation!

Marty