Re: [NTLK] Water and newtons

From: nelson (bnelson6_at_valuelinx.net)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 11:31:22 PDT

Doug Parker wrote:

> <emergency response voice>
>
> Stay calm! Everything's going to be OK. ;-)
>
> </erv>

mine blew up a set off batteries (don't buy cheap ones), i ripped the
batteries out, ran to the sink under running water with the battery
compartment one drop of strong dish soap (to neutralize the acid) then start
to my desk for immediate surgery. carefully disassembled sorted an cleaned
with 409 any spills i missed. left it under a 40 watt bulb for about a week, i
slowly checked every circuit. paced, (is it going to live?) paced some more,
finally put it back together. slowly put in a fresh charged battery pack out
of my other newton........ more pacing. turned it on.... it acted like nothing
was wrong. didn't even lose any data. Wish more things were built like the
newton.
Bryan mp 120, mp 130 various macs