Re: [NTLK] Seti

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 11:28:34 PDT

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 10:56:17AM -0700, Martin Joseph wrote:

> On Apr 20, 2004, at 9:37 AM, Peter H. Coffin wrote:
> <snip>
> > "Running as a screen saver" means it's got all the pretty
> > graphics-drawing sucking up 65% of the cycles spent on it.
> <snip>
>
> Not necessarily, it has a setting to go blank. Mine does so after 10
> minutes.

It's been a couple of versions since I played with the Mac version, but
at that point, it still did the drawing calculations to somewhere,
just let the monitor blank and go into power-save mode if the monitor was
capable of it.

--
86. I will make sure that my doomsday device is up to code and properly
    grounded.