Re: [NTLK] eMate cable replacement from Ferdi

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 13:11:17 PDT

Quoting Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl>:

> On 20-apr-04, at 18:31, Doug Augustyn wrote:
> > Do a search for that name, and you be the judge.
> > Responding to Michael Blazer's comment:
>
> But you get to judge Ferdi at the most. Nobody has reported on the
> cable yet I think.

Quite true, Robert. I've heard a lot about Ferdi and have had enough direct
contact to have some opinions of my own, but I was wondering specifically about
this product. If the cable is good, his price doesn't seem out of line (for a
change!); in fact I think it's about the same as what Mr. PCB Man estimated he
could sell one for.

> And David/Mr PCB Man, does the creation of extra RAM in the Newt mean
> that your replacement cables are taking a back seat fro the moment?
>
> Because in that case I might report about Ferdi's cable ;-)

I've e-mailed PCB Man inquiring about the status of his eMate cable project,
because I'd rather give him my business, but I haven't heard back yet.

Michael