Re: [NTLK] Power Surge/Apple Repair

From: Phil Dokas (phil_at_stereoboy.org)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 21:06:50 PDT

On Apr 20, 2004, at 11:21 PM, Marty Sanchez wrote:

> Does anyone know if Apple still services these little bad boys - I'm
> in the
> States.

They do not. I work at a fully Apple authorized repair shop and all
Newton models (along with pretty much everything pre PM G3) are
classified as either "vintage" or "obsolete" machines and thus no one
can order parts for them. Since Apple won't service them and repair
shops can't *order* parts for them, you're most likely going to have to
find a place that has a replacement part for you already in stock.

--
+ phil dokas! -- phil_at_stereoboy.org
+ http://stereoboy.org/