Re: [NTLK] New perspective for desktop connectivity

From: Hendrik Lipka (hendrik.lipka_at_gmx.de)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 06:50:26 PDT

>>Would it be possible to work towards a system
>>where the user could drag and drop any given file on the desktop
>>connectivity app, which would then dynamically generate a package to
>>send to the Newton

> Especially if that program could be integrated with the PDFConverter,
> so that copying PDF's to the Newt would be a drag-and-drop operation.

Currenty I'm lacking a little bit of time (getting married in a month :),
but I wanted to try the following:
- get text extraction from PDFs to work (there are 3 libraries available
  which can do that: jpedal, pdfbox, multivalent)
- convert the DCL files which are required for PBBookMaker to java
- integrate PBBookMaker into PDFConv

Another possibility would be to migrate DCL to Win32 (because I devlop
there), and use JNI to call the DCL functions from Java (this would
eliminate the second step from above).

But as I said - not enough time at the moment :(

hli

--
Møøse trained to mix concrete and                                 Hendrik Lipka
sign complicated insurance forms                           hendrik.lipka_at_gmx.de