Re: [NTLK] Password hack?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 13:51:47 PDT

Chris Edwards wrote:
> Hi, I have just fixed a dead Emate that I got from Ebay, I fitted
> (temp) a zener and plugged it in and on it came, reset the screen and
> it wants a password, is there a hack to get past it, or does any uk
> list know a Lynne Mullery, it would be a shame to wipe whatever
> programs it has, also anyone want it? I bought it for the charger and
> to "play" so now it is running I dont need two of them!

Use BatteringRamPro:

http://www.unna.org/view.php?/utilites/BatteringRamPro

Using another Newton, install that package to a card. Put the card into the
locked eMate and soft reset it. When the OS activates the package it will
break through the password screen. Now you can go into Prefs and disable it,
and all of the data on the eMate will still be there.