Re: [NTLK] Wireless rocks!

From: David Neale (david.neale_at_pandora.be)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 14:21:08 PDT

Actually, there was an add-on piece of hardware that allowed wireless
communication with Newtons from, I believe, the 120. Can't remember
which company produced this, but I made a proposal to use such
wireless-enabled Newtons as PDAs and voting stations for the members of
the EU institution that I then worked for. The system was proposed
under the name ELVIS (Electronic Voting and Information System), which
I, as an Elvis fan, thought was brilliant. Few others did, however, and
the proposal was rejected. Last I heard (a few months ago), a similar
system is now being considered, so I wasn't all that daft, after all!

David