Re: [NTLK] New perspective for desktop connectivity

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 14:55:59 PDT

>Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:01:52 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
>From: Eric Schneck <eschneck_at_mindspring.com>
>
>>From: Michael L'Heureux (mlheureux_at_online.fr)
>>Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 03:38:23 PDT
>>
>>Would it be possible to work towards a system
>>where the user could drag and drop any given file on the desktop
>>connectivity app, which would then dynamically generate a package to
>>send to the Newton
>
>Especially if that program could be integrated with the PDFConverter, so that copying PDF's to the Newt would be a drag-and-drop operation.

Oh, that would be most sweet. Is this not something that could be integrated with Escale or NewtSync? Both apps do their job quite okay (though I struggle to get Escale work for more than a single pkg in a row, it always needs a restart & reconnect, and somehow I cannot paste when using the keyboard over it). If there was something like a complete OSX version of NCU (comlete with real backup *sigh*) it should allow this drag & drop action as NCU does now when importing, say, text, to the Newt. Making this work for all kinds of files would (from my code-ignorant perspective) mean adding a filter that scans the filytype/content and then runs a matching script.

Oli-(bracket fan)-ver :)

--
Dude, we have to stick these RFID tags somewhere on our bodies. Somehow they are supposed to protect us from evil.		from megatokyo.com