Re: [NTLK] Newt mention on macrumors.com

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 00:50:23 PDT

>The patent summary notes that the rotation feature would be
>"especially advantageous for pen-based and hand-held computers".

I remember the rotation-thread sometime within the last 6 months or so,
when screen rotation finally became available to PDAs outside the Newton
platform (which had it since when exactly?), and how much this was
celebrated by the manufacturer (didn't they also introduce something else
at the time that was radically cool and oh-so-brandnew - like a telescope
pen? *nag nag*).

Now, will this patent strike fear in the hearts of Palm?

DJV.