Re: [NTLK] Newton Book or Newton Paperback, which is better

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 02:33:13 PDT

Paul

I only have a Windows machine so when DCL reaches the point where Windows
2000 user testing is required then please include me amongst the testers.
Sorry I don't have the appropriate programming experience.

Cheers

Tony Kan
Christchurch
New Zealand

[snip]

Actually, the current mood within the DCL Group is to build programs
for ourselves only. The code in the DCL was written between 1999 and
2004, it is a very large project with more than 60K lines of C++, and
we have little or no feedback at all (except Eckhart saying it's
great and the recent work from Hendrik to get it working on Windows,
thanks guys). We get very few bug reports. Hence Nicolas often says
that 100% of DCL users mean 3 people. I don't even know why I spent
two full days in the bowels of NIE to fix the stupid -4 error bug we
suffer about when doing file browsing over TCP/IP since I'm the only
TCP/IP DCL user and I can cope without file browsing.

[snip]