Re: [NTLK] [OT] Apple, Macintosh, 3rd Parties, and Market Share

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk)
Date: Sat Apr 24 2004 - 16:41:35 PDT

David,

> After trying to tell me what it is that I want about right here, you
> can keep your regards to yourself.

Steady on mate.

On the basis that everything I stated has been challenged, I naturally
assumed I had the thing the wrong way around...

> I think I have read that line a couple times in the past 20 years. In
> fact, people said that same thing at the release of the Apple // line,
> they said it in 1984 with the release of the Macintosh..

Looks like they might have been right all along except we never noticed!

What I love about all this is that I have discovered what it's like to be a
PC user for the first time in my life. This is what we have been serving up
as excuses all these years. All you Windows users out there - I sympathise.

What I also realise is that I now care much less about the issue than I
thought I did. For 20 years I thought computing was really important and
doing it right even more so. What an idiot, life really is too short.

At least I have my Newts!

Joel.