Re: [NTLK] SE p800/900 (was Newton Web Browsers)

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sun Apr 25 2004 - 14:23:48 PDT

>From: Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] SE p800/900 (was Newton Web Browsers)
>Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 20:57:33 +0200
>
>On 25-apr-04, at 14:44, Doug Augustyn wrote:
>> The p800 will do https, but the HWR is so terrible it's not worth it.
>
>Doesn't' it use graffiti?

No, it uses Jot, which is quite a bit less hieroglyphic, but still no natural handwriting. A friend of mine uses it, and he says it works well for him. I am Newton-spoiled, of course, and I can also imagine someone who leaned graffiti to have trouble adapting himself. I refuse to learn a new way of writing, especially for a phone that error-prone. There's a virtual keyboard always available, and you can also use the virtual keypad, which can be used for SMS.

Oliver :)

--
"The possibilities are endless. I love that."  - Jonathan Ive