Re: [NTLK] SE p800/900 (was Newton Web Browsers)

From: Doug Augustyn (optix_at_six5535.org)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 10:27:46 PDT

I agree with the UI portion, I keep wondering why everyone has tried
re-inventing the wheel, and not just buying the damn right to the Newton.

"jot" is a very different experience. Having not read the manual (and promptly
thrown it away along with the box) I do not understand how to make a
return-carrage. If you build/design and interface from the ground up, it
should be intuitive. (One of the factors that influenced me to throw away the
manual without looking at it, was the fact that I didn't need one to operate
my first Newton.) SymbianOS is definately not a "robust and user friendly"
OS, but the programming options for it are tremendous, one of the
short-fallings of the Newton.

If I'm on a desert island and I have to burn one device to keep from freezing
which one would I burn?
It would have to be the p800.

(Although the fact that I could call for help, and be tracked by the GSM GPS
service, and the fact that the newton would burn longer and hotter.)

Responding to David Arnold's comment:

--
My other computer is a Newton UMP2k
http://www.SiX5535.org