[NTLK] playing a wav on the newton?

From: George Bingham (georgebingham_at_swbell.net)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 13:21:36 PDT

Hey all,

    I've got my Newton 2100 outfitted with Mail V, the
audio stationary, also NewtsCape, as well as nhttplib
(sp?) (the "fetch url" transport).

    I am having difficulty getting a .wav file off the
net to play on the newt. Seems like I have all I
should need. But basically what I would like to do is
this: Given an email that contains a link to a .wav
file, was hoping to be able to copy & paste it into
either newtscape or the get URL transport, and have it
download and be able to be played.

    If I paste it into NewtsCape, it complains that I
have no audio/wav helper app, and via Fetch URL, I get
the .wav into the I/O box, but don't have any way of
playing it... it says "This uses stationary that is
not installed and cannot be displayed. (audio/wav)".
There are no options under the "tag" icon except
"Log".

    What more do I need? Or is something not working
right?

Thanks all,

George