Re: [NTLK] [ANN] 1984 for Newton

From: Jeffrey McMurtrie (jeffrey.mcmurtrie_at_rogers.com)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 14:24:44 PDT

> From: Doug Augustyn <optix_at_six5535.org>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] [ANN] 1984 for Newton
> Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:37:01 +0200
>
> Wierd timing dude, I made one about 2 months ago and submitted it.
>
> Responding to Jeffrey McMurtrie's comment:
> ||I have just finished compiling 1984 by George Orwell into a
> Newtonbook
> ||which hopefully will soon be taken out of the Unna submission Queue
> and
> ||added into the books section. If anyone is interested in getting a
> ||copy before it is uploaded to Unna, feel free to email me specifying
> ||what version you'd like (I made all of the formats.)
>
> --
> My other computer is a Newton UMP2k
> http://www.SiX5535.org

You did? I did a search of the Unna DB and other Newtonbook sources
mentioned on the Wiki, but I didn't find 1984 there... About copyright
laws, I would agree that for any Newtonbook, you should check the
copyright laws of your country to find out if you are legally aloud to
read it. Just so you know though, there have to be thousands of copies
of 1984 on the net.

-Jeffrey