Re: [NTLK] Anil's company hijacked? Ferdi and more.

From: Anil (anil_at_thisiswhatwedo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 16:12:19 PDT

Hello Kasko,
Thanks for asking, as you can see I am alive and well, I unsubscribed
from the list because life is just too busy to keep up with all the
goings on here, and also because my Newton is running the way I like
it. So I had really fulfilled my reason for joining the list in the
first place.

As for my site being hijacked by Canadians, I designed the page for
Ferdi and it was simpler to just leave the page on my site rather than
move it. I am not in business with Ferdi, he contacted me and asked me
for my advice on his eMate ribbon cable. He wanted to announce to the
list he had produced replacements and because had been banned from the
list, wasn't sure how best to let people know.

Well, one thing led to another, and I ended up, designing a web page
for him, no big deal, well not to me anyway, I do this for a living. In
return he thanked me by refurbishing my Newt batteries with new 2300
cells.

Ferdi has never been anything but cordial and pleasant with me, so as
such I saw no reason not to help him. I am aware others have grievances
with him, that is unfortunate but also not my business. Ultimately I
felt his cables would be helping other Newton users so I decided to
help him.

Some people do things because they love it, some people do it for
money, in fact more people do what they do for money rather than love.
Often this is because of circumstances and not out of choice, I do not
judge people for why they do what they do.

Boy this post is longer than I had expected, so to wrap things up. I am
glad to hear Robert Benschop is back, I love his PCB man logo. I hope
everyone's Newton's are well and bright green.

There are one or two people on the list to whom I have made some
design/creative commitments, sorry about being a slacker. Please get in
touch and we will get things rolling again, I won't be sticking around
on the list, so please contact me directly

All the best.

Anil.

"That's Anil's company's site, what he to do with ribbon cables from
Canada?
  His outfit been hijacked or what? Anil, call home and let us know
you're well!

Worriedly yours,

'Kasko"