[NTLK] Slightly OT: Slamin' battery renewal

From: Andrei Chichak (acpmiedm_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 08:43:03 PDT

After the discussion of using physical abuse to rejuvenate batteries last
week, I decided to give it a go.

The battery in my Panasonic wireless telephone (3 cell NiCd) was giving up
AGAIN. It had a useful life of about 2 minutes. I took it out and slapped
it hard against the floor, 4 times, 2 on each side. Result; I put the
batteries back into the phone and used it for at least 10 minutes.
Previously it would not even start the phone. It then went on to be useful
for another couple of days. It charges well and has a good capacity.

My Newton 2100 battery had a rough life, high tech R&D test mule, sitting
in a lockup for 2 years, sitting in my basement for another 2 years,
pressed into action. Useful life, about 20 minutes, it usually wouldn't
make it through the night while sleeping. I smacked it into the floor a few
times and gave it a good charge. No shoddy statistics on life yet, it has
only been three days and it is still at full charge.

Use this any way you see fit,
Andrei

Let the flame wars begin.