Re: [NTLK] I Salvaged a Broken (Physically Damaged) Flash Memory Card

From: Doug Augustyn (optix_at_six5535.org)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 12:29:34 PDT

I had to glue the sheet-metal back down to the PCMCIA connector on an old 8MB
Cisco Router's flash RAM card a while back. It wouldn't fit into the slot all
the way, but when I would press the metal to the connector before I would put
it in, it would fit.

I've 'reclaimed' several cards myself, the one I'm most proud of was one where
the write protect switch was completely destroyed from over-usage. I just
soldered the card into the R/W position and everything worked.

Responding to MKow1234_at_aol.com's comment:

--
My other computer is a Newton UMP2k
http://www.SiX5535.org