[NTLK] I Salvaged a Broken (Physically Damaged) Flash Memory Card

From: Goodwin, Greg (GoodwinG_at_aafes.com)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 05:16:03 PDT

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:13:37 EDT
Subject: [NTLK] I Salvaged a Broken (Physically Damaged) Flash Memory
Card

... I remembered the broken 20 meg flash memory card that was given to
me as a "freebie" when I purchased my last Newton. I took another look
at the memory card.

... Further investigation proved the cracked corner edge did not carry
with it any vital electrical circuitry... . A few drops of "Crazy Glue"
were used to reattach the broken plastic corner piece ...

Well, the card works just fine, ... It felt good to know that another
piece of Newton "hardware" had effectively been given a new lease on
life! :O)

Matt K.

  That is truly awesome. Yeh in the age of sweat soldered items, I have
to say that crazy glue is often the savior. I managed to crazy glue a
capasitor back onto a hard drive once, and it worked again. But your
little doo dad took much more careful work.

   There are times I wonder if there will be a day when we can't upgrade
or repair such equipment in the future. It is getting more and more
complicated and yet smaller. And then we learn of a repair like that.
Good job!

   Doctor Clu