[NTLK] Flash Card not Convertable on eMate

From: Chris Wright (soapytwist_at_macunlimited.net)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 09:49:20 PDT

Hello first of all! I had a succession of Newtons in the nineties (OMP, 120,
130, eMate) I put my original Newton away in about 1998 when a Palm came my
way, but couldn't bring myself to sell it. Clearing my loft out I was able
torestart it (fortunately I kept the OMP's battery cage rather than a
rechargable pack), and a few weeks and a re-read of 'Defying Gravity' later
and I now have a working eMate on my desk (GBP28 off eBay!). I'm glad to be
back with you all!!!

Now to my problem - I had a 2MB (Newton-branded) card with which was
formatted to 2.0 (for my 120). I re-formatted it when I started using the
OMP, but then getting the eMate, I went to reformat to 2.1. Instead of
givingme the option to convert it, the eMate just says that it is not the
correct format and therefore read only read-only (card isn't write
protected). Does anyone know how it can be converted? I've tried erasing it
on the OMP but to no avail. I don't have a 2.0 machine to try re-formatting
it to that first. Any ideas???

Regards

onlineby macunlimited.netThe UK's mac dedicated service provider