[NTLK] Air2Net BT2000

From: David Bates (david_bates_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 21:37:41 PDT

In hopes of getting my MP2100 to connect using Bluetooth I purchased
the Ambicom Air2Net BT2000-CF Bluetooth card. However, it appears that
I have purchased the "black antenna" version whereas I have read
feedback here that really it is the "purple LED antenna" card that
works. After I load Blunt (0.60), etc and try to run the "Test" it
tells me that the card is not found. :(

I emailed Ambicom and asked them what the difference was between the
cards since both model numbers were BT2000-CF. Someone named Lukie
(lukie_hartono_at_ambicom.com) emailed me back and told me that the
"purple LED antenna" card was their latest. When I asked him if he had
any technical information about what the differences were he told me
that the old one, presumably what I have come to call the "black
antenna" card, used an Ericsson chipset and the new one, or "purple LED
antenna" card, uses the CSR chipset.

If anybody understands what that means please let me know. In the
meantime my "black antenna" card and I will be just hanging out.

I do, however, have my Lucent WaveLAN Wi-Fi card working so I can be
wireless here at home and at Starbucks.

Anyway, hope that bit of info helps anyone interested in this topic.
And if someone knows how to get the "black antenna" card to work I
would be very grateful.

Thanks,

David