Re: [NTLK] Help needed removing card slots from 2x00 Motherboard

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 16:11:45 PDT

>I now have a problem though. The 2100 motherboard I bought is missing the
>metal that ejects the cards from their slots. The plastic swivel joints
have
>also been broken off. I've tried swapping the complete plastic cages from
my
>old board, but I discovered that they seem to be glued to the PCB. Does
>anyone have experience of removing the card slots complete, and can they
let
>me know how to do it?

I have experimented with getting them off some time ago, but
unsuccessfully. I am not sure whether they are glued to the main logic board
or moulded around the pins or both, but I wasn't able to remove them.
If you or anybody else finds a way, please let me know.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de