Re: [NTLK] Before I leave, I must dispel a myth

From: Daniel Jones (dan_at_jonesonline.us)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 20:38:51 PDT

Michael Burks wrote:
> I'm hoping to find out what a person who lives and dies by their internet connection would need from a PDA to be happy.
> If anyone has any suggestions for moving to such a portable medium as the Newton let me know, it would make this a lot easier with some help.

Since getting a Lucent WaveLAN Silver Turbo, my Newt has regained its place as my primary computing device. Its not the greatest surfing tool but I have found tools & methods that work.

I use Courier for Googling and other searching because it is very fast. If graphic content is important or I want to make a book of the content, I'll use Newts Cape. Sure its slow but it works well. Saving graphics for Avi's backdrop is a cool feature too.

Simple Mail works for me. I could be wrong but the others didn't offer allow for different POP & SMTP usernames. Eudora would be my other choice.

I haven't found a great solution for many dicussion forums that I frequent. I wish Courier allowed for entry/form fieIds for searchs, site authentication, etc.. Courier also has a problem with multiple page discussions on some forums.
I hope that helps!
Dan
dan_at_jonesonline.us

Emailed from an Apple Newton. Long live the Newt!