[NTLK] Problems with TapBar

From: Jeremy Fisher (jamjam_at_neo.rr.com)
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 12:41:26 PDT

I tried installing TapBar, but for some reason both the Newton
Connection Utilities on my PC and the Newton ended up freezing just as
it was finishing. Unfortunately, when I restarted something seems to
have happened where the newton no longer recognizes whether the pen is
on or off the screen. No matter where i push the pen, nothing happens.
  I can only draw on my backdrop application, no buttons can be pressed
because it's as if the pen is being continually held down, but you can
lift it up and it doesn't really affect anything--I believe it's
completely a software problem as nothing of the sort has happened
before. Is this a known problem? Is there an easy fix for this
without wiping the entire machine? If I did want to wipe it, how would
I go about doing something like that?

Thanks,

Jeremy