Re: [NTLK] Newton thoughts from John Gruber

From: David Deranian (deranian_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 08:16:00 PDT

Personally, I think John Gruber is RIGHT on the money! When one
considers how well written and thought out Newton software is by and
large, it is really true that all connection software Apple made
available pretty much sucked pretty bad. The best we ever had it, was
for the Newton 1.0 OS when we had the Newton Connections Utility. At
least then, we could edit what was in our Newtons on our desktop
machines for speed, then when we disconnected from the desktop, all
that newly entered data was in the Newton ready to go. When the Newton
2.0 OS came out, the Newton took 5 steps forward, and the connection
software took 10 steps backward. Pity.

-Dave

--
David Deranian